NOTE: This post contains spoilers for the Harry Potter series. I tried to hide them as best as possible, but they are still slightly visible through the black highlighting. Continue at your peril - or finish reading the darn books already!
Tonight, after finishing our daily Order of the Phoenix reading (this time, Chapter Twenty-Eight: Snape's Worst Memory, and Chapter Twenty-Nine: Career Advice):
Me: So was there anything in particular that you found interesting or funny?
Josh: Oh yeah. I so want a Pensieve right now! Then I could go into your memories and ride the Tower of Terror in Orlando.
Me: ...
Josh: Because you've been on it and I haven't!
Me: ... Okay. But what about the part where [SPOILERS - highlight to read] James turned out to be a bit of a bully?
Josh: Yeah, that was a bit surprising.
Me: What do you think made it Snape's worst memory?
Josh: Duh. It was embarrassing.
Me: Okay, but what in particular?
Josh: Umm... he used Sectumsempra!
Me: Yeah, but what else? I mean, you'll find out in book seven, but that wasn't the first time Snape had been bullied. What do you think made this time different, extra intense?
Josh: I don't know. I can't figure it out! I really want to find out!
Me (headdesking a little on the inside): I guess we'll just have to keep reading, then!
Josh: Yeah! Hey, can you tell me about the MGM Studios Tower of Terror? What was it like?
Me (thinking): Not again!
I can't wait 'til we get to Deathly Hallows and Nagini pops out of Bathilda Bagshot's rotting corpse. That'll be a barrel of laughs to read about. Oh, eleven-year-olds.