I just realized I haven't updated my blog since I came back to college. Oops.
Well, so far so good this year. Virginians and their inability to withstand temperatures exceeding 90 degrees make me laugh, but I suppose I shouldn't crow too loudly considering El Centro rarely has more than 10% humidity. Actually, if the news reports are any indication, Virginia was a downright miserable place to be this summer, so I'm glad I was in Southern California where it's normal to have 100+ degree weather every day. Anywho.
I'm taking some interesting classes (my favorite right now is Constitutional Interpretation) and enjoying the university life again. I do miss my family, but I've found there are also a lot of things about UVa that I've missed. El Centro is generally a pretty boring place. Charlottesville has the Downtown Mall, where there are crepes and farmer's markets and sunshine and puppies. You also can't see a movie for three dollars in El Centro, but there's the Newcomb Theatre at UVa. Of course, sleeping outside when you could be in a dorm room is a pretty strange thing to do wherever you go, but I've done that, too. What can I say? I have crazy friends (Lauren, Mary Lacy, Lacey, and Elizabeth, I'm looking at you!) who enjoy crazy things. Sleeping on the Lawn, I ask you.
I have an insane amount of reading to do, so I will just post my entertainment list for August and then hop to it. Expect another entry soon!
Entertainment 2010: August Update
Books - New Reads
N/A
Books - Rereads
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J. K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling
(Wow, this is pitiful. I am a bookworm, really!)
Movies - First Viewings
Vampires Suck (DO NOT RECOMMEND. Oy vey.)
Movies - Repeat Viewings
Inception
Iron Man 2
Anastasia
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
¡Hasta luego!
Twenty-one. College student. Christian. Liberal. Puerto Rican. White. Lover. Singer. Sister. Daughter. Geek extraordinaire. Shoulder-length hair. Peacemaker. Hothead. Know-it-all. Know nothing. Writer. Observer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)