March is now half-gone
Nary a post have I made
College is my life
In February
I baked cookies with Wesley
Over nine thousand, yes
During my spring break
A Wesley group journeyed to
South Carolina
Team Window trimmed like
A boss. Kemper, Natalie,
Lacey, and Aida.
I used a nail gun,
Which was surprisingly fun.
The Gants liked our work!
Charleston, very
Pretty, with such beautiful
Buildings, by the sea
A wonderful trip
I will not ever forget
Thank you, dearest friends!
Midterm season is
In bloom, like new spring flowers
But much less welcome
Only one to go!
With a paper to follow
No end to the flood
Still, onward life goes
My joys: my women's small group,
Gilmore Girls, the spring
My parents' love keeps
Me sane. I don't know what I
Would do without them.
Thank you, God, for spring,
For life, for friends, for parents
For your Son, for love.
*An explanation: haikus became a thing on the Wesley Foundation mission trip. I hadn't written poetry for a while, so I thought I would experiment a little and post a small update at the same time. I do have an Entertainment 2011 list ready; I'll post it eventually. Just wanted to let you know, if you follow this blog but don't see me often in person, that I'm still alive. I'm a college student, that's all.
Twenty-one. College student. Christian. Liberal. Puerto Rican. White. Lover. Singer. Sister. Daughter. Geek extraordinaire. Shoulder-length hair. Peacemaker. Hothead. Know-it-all. Know nothing. Writer. Observer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)