Saturday, April 2, 2011

What's This? A Post?

A short one, anyway. Since I've spent most of the past week writing papers and devouring the first season of Veronica Mars, I figured I might as well get my butt in gear long enough to update my blog. Below you will find some quick-fire tidbits of info about my life, quite appropriately in bullet point form. Voila:
  • It snowed on Sunday, after having been almost 80 degrees the weekend before. Weather, question: Seriously? And if I may have a follow up, seriously?
  • Prayer Partner Sarah and I watched Flipped this afternoon. I've been wanting to see it since August, and yeah, the acting wasn't fabulous, but from what I can remember of the book, it was a great adaptation. Good job, Rob Reiner!
  • My African-American Political Thought class is one of the best I've taken at UVa. We talked about Hurricane Katrina on Thursday, and I was actually quite sorry when class ended, because the discussion was so interesting!
  • Richie got into UVa and William & Mary! He's been in at UChicago since December, and it looks like he's going to go there, but I'm so proud of him for getting accepted at two of the best public schools in the country. Kid didn't turn out too bad (I guess that time I pushed him off the bunk bed when he was six didn't scar him for life after all).
  • Still waiting to find out where I'm working this summer. Why am I never the one with the fantastic internship or the job in New York City with stipends and housing?
  • Jackie got the care package I sent her! I finally used some of my A:tLA stickers on the CD case, and she was truly appreciative. :)
  • I had gone all my life without knowing that there's a European comic book series/cartoon about a cowboy named Lucky Luke. Then my French teacher was horrified that none of us had heard of it, so she made us watch it. Only when she says "Lucky Luke," it sounds like "Lukey Luke," which makes me think of "Marky Mark," which is so not the way to keep a straight face in French class.
  • Springtime in Virginia is gorgeous. It's my favorite season here, bar none. There are some amazing flowers popping up by the staircase near Maury Hall, and I love the walk to work and back because there are so many wildflowers on Carr's Hill.
Okay, time to go to bed early for once. The end of the semester really takes its toll on you!