There was a party on the Lawn last night in celebration of bin Laden's death. Apparently all the bars on the Corner were giving out free drinks and there was much revelry to be had. I say apparently because I was in my dorm room trying to ignore everyone who walked by my window singing the national anthem (at the top of their lungs) long enough to get some sleep. Eventually I succeeded, but I was still too exhausted to get up early enough to put a load of laundry through, which meant I had to go digging through my hamper for a passably-clean pair of jeans. Planning skills, I has them.
I still don't know how to feel, except that I thing it's wrong to celebrate when someone dies, regardless of how heinous they were. Relief, fine. I just can't believe that it's a good thing to run around like a lunatic and set off fireworks because we finally caught bin Laden. He's dead now, and while he certainly doesn't deserve any respect, I still think it's better to regard the situation with grim resignation as opposed to raucous partying. Just my opinion, of course.