Around 7:30, Matt and I headed downtown to the Tea Bazaar, where we had a nice pot of formosa and even nicer conversation. We met Ellen and Taylor at the skating rink, where UVa had its first ice hockey match of the season. I've never been to a hockey game before, and I must say it was an interesting (and quite smelly) experience. I haven't checked scores, but when Matt and I headed out at the end of the first period, UVa was winning handily, so I'm assuming we pulled out a victory (granted, those kinds of assumptions about UVa athletics are not always the safest). I got back to my dorm around 10:30, which gave me just enough time to make my room presentable before Matt (roommate of the previously mentioned Matt), Andi, Pooja, and Ian came by for some Avatar: The Last Airbender. Pooja and Ian left after a couple of episodes, but Matt and Andi were around until just after one in the morning. It was really fun, as our Avatar marathons always are, but I think next time we'll try to get started earlier. On the bright side, we've gotten through most of the filler and our next marathon should be especially good. Yay!
Today was also nice, although it was more of an intensive work day for me. I read the sanctus in Spanish at Wesley today in honor of World Communion Sunday, and then I had a lovely dinner in the dining hall with the Wesley crew afterward. The parentals and I talked on the phone for a bit, then I spoke with Josh, my only brother still at home, who told me about school and going to see an air show in Miramar. Sara and I got our train tickets for fall break, which is nearly upon us, and now I'm settling in to write my French essay and work on calculus. I can't believe how quickly the semester is going, but I must say if it goes as well as this weekend has, it'll be my best semester at UVa yet.
Oh, and this has nothing to do with anything, but apparently I have a neutral-sounding Western accent.
What American accent do you have?
Created by Xavier on Memegen.net
Created by Xavier on Memegen.net

Western. Like Midland, Western is another accent that people consider neutral. So, you might not actually be from the Western half of the country, but you definitely sound like it.
And if you're not from the West, you are probably one of the following:
(a) A Pittsburgher - the quiz can't tell the difference;
(b) Someone from Canada (probably southern Ontario) who doesn't have a Canadian accent;
(c) Someone from northern New England who doesn't have a New England accent; or
(d) Someone from Texas or the Heartland who was born after 1980.
You are definitely not from New York, New Jersey, Chicago, Detroit, the Deep South, etc.
And if you're not from the West, you are probably one of the following:
(a) A Pittsburgher - the quiz can't tell the difference;
(b) Someone from Canada (probably southern Ontario) who doesn't have a Canadian accent;
(c) Someone from northern New England who doesn't have a New England accent; or
(d) Someone from Texas or the Heartland who was born after 1980.
You are definitely not from New York, New Jersey, Chicago, Detroit, the Deep South, etc.
Take this quiz now - it's easy!
It's almost like I spent 8 of the most formative years of my life in California or something. Wait...