Went back to Disneyland today, this time to see my supervisor at my work-study job in Virginia and her family, as they happened to be visiting Paris for her children's spring break. Leslie's kids are some of my favorite to babysit, and it was really fun just to hang around with them for the day. They're both still relatively small children, so they said and did a lot of inadvertently cute things. I also started to understand some of the things my parents told me when I was little, about making faces and calming down and how silly I would look whenever I threw a tantrum. I've always wanted to be a mom someday, and that hasn't changed, but I think I'm just now starting to appreciate how much work it is. Kids are so full of energy and need lots of attention, which I knew, but now that I'm not the kid anymore, and I'm getting older, I'm beginning to look at things from the parents' point of view. I can see why my parents would lose their patience with me sometimes, or why what sounded perfectly reasonable to my five-year-old mind was sometimes annoying or vexing to them. I don't know, food for thought. (And this is not to reflect badly on Leslie's children, who are adorable and who I may have successfully gotten hooked on Korra. They are clearly normal kids, though, which in this case means that lining up for rides with them is a challenge because their idea of keeping themselves entertained is to pretend to pick each other up and laugh about it.)
Took my first ever cab ride in Paris to get to Leslie's once my train got in this morning. It's really quite fun to see the city by car, though I doubt very much my mom and I will be taking many taxis when we go in a few weeks. Still, a nice experience.