I'd consistently heard good things about the Musee d'Orsay, and I'm a fan of impressionism, so I was pretty excited to pay a visit. Mom wanted to see some Monets, which we eventually did. There were so many pieces I studied for my art history class two years ago! I wish I could have taken some pictures, but unfortunately photography was forbidden. It was still incredible, and the best use of an old train station I've ever come across.
After the Musee d'Orsay, we walked to the Metro and went back to our hotel. Both of us were nodding off on the way, and when we got to our room, my mom went right to sleep and I ended up taking a nap myself. Neither of us was hungry for dinner, so we sat around eating trail mix and plantain chips and watching news about the French election on Al-Jazeera English. Speaking of which, we saw quite a few reporters milling about in central Paris this afternoon. It's pretty awesome to be in France when such an important election is happening.
Last full day in Paris tomorrow. I'm sad the time is going by so quickly, but London calls on Tuesday, and I'm basically jumping up and down about the idea of finally visiting in person. Plus, we get to speak English! I can get by with French, of course, and a lot of people in Paris do speak or at least understand English, but it's nice not to have to worry about using your non-native tongue for a while. A demain!
| My mom and me in front of the Louvre |