Twenty-one. College student. Christian. Liberal. Puerto Rican. White. Lover. Singer. Sister. Daughter. Geek extraordinaire. Shoulder-length hair. Peacemaker. Hothead. Know-it-all. Know nothing. Writer. Observer.
Thursday, April 26, 2012
Goodbye to London!
Final day in London this morning. It was, surprise surprise, raining, so walking around the city wasn't very pleasant. Still, my mom and I hit quite a few of the London highlights after we dropped our bags at St. Pancras; we walked to Leicester Square and onto Trafalgar, and eventually headed out to the Thames, where we could see the Eye and Big Ben/the Houses of Parliament. I want to come back sometime when the weather's not so terrible, because I could see myself really enjoying London in the right conditions (though it is incredibly expensive, and I imagine it only gets worse during the summer, when I'd be most interested in returning). My mom wasn't impressed with it, but she did like the Underground. I did, too; it's very clear and efficient, and oh-so British. I also felt like we neither of us were in our best moods the entire time we were there, so I think a dedicated trip now that we know the landscape might make things better all around.
Goodbye to London!
2012-04-26T23:59:00+01:00
Aida
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)