Monday, December 20, 2010

I Went Outside in Short Sleeves Today...

... and it was glorious! I'm back in California for Christmas!
Photobucket


The reading project has begun! I was intending to start with The Great Gatsby, but I discovered to my considerable disappointment that the book I checked out of Clemons on Friday was in fact not the novel itself but a collection of essays about The Great Gatsby. Luckily, I had also packed a copy of A Wizard of Earthsea, so I still got to read something new on the plane. I'm only three chapters in at this point, though, and quite honestly I was bored stiff the entire time. However, Harry Potter has taught me that I should never, ever give up on a book before chapter 4, so I shall persevere.


I drove today for the first time in about four months! There's no need for me to have a car in Charlottesville, besides which I don't own one and probably won't for some time. Still, I happen to love a) driving and b) my parents' new(ish) Toyota Camry, to the point where I'm jumping at every opportunity I get to pick up one of my brothers from a friend's house or to go to the store. At least the Camry gets good gas mileage, so I don't have to feel too guilty about wanting to use the car so much.


Jackie and I went to Starbucks today and I nearly forgot that I can't use my Plus Dollars here. Heh. On the other hand, it was over 70 degrees. I can't remember the last time I regretted ordering a hot drink because it was too warm outside. Oh, El Centro.