Saturday, December 11, 2010

Surfacing from Finals Momentarily

Here is the one update you will get while I'm inundated with exams. I'm only stopping to write this because I'm about to go to bed and I happen to have a few extra minutes. Finals are in full swing at UVa, which means I've been keeping strange hours and stranger habits. Today, for example, I didn't leave my room until past 5 o'clock, because I was studying for French and subsisting on Special K bars and half a hummus and feta lavosh. Yesterday I was in Study Camp at Wesley, conjugating verbs on post-it notes. The day before that I delivered care packages, researched Cesare Beccaria's On Crimes and Punishments for my anti-torture paper, and took a four-hour study break to indulge in some girlish squealing over my fictional boyfriend, Gilbert Blythe, with the Sara(h)s. And Tuesday night I assigned various mostly food-inspired colors (maraschino, cayenne, honeydew, tangerine, etc.) to Supreme Court cases while studying for Constitutional Interpretation with Matt. I cannot tell you how excited I am to be going back to California in a week, where it's 70 degrees every day and there's no homework. Speaking of which, it's supposed to snow on Monday. I don't know how I feel about that.


Constitutional Interpretation final tomorrow. At least I'm not getting up before 11.