Anyway, this year my parents gave me my very own digital camera (I've never had one before), quite a few new DVDs, and a beautiful gold cross. They did not give me The Sims 2: Nightlife for Mac, but it was under $25 on Amazon, so I went ahead and bought it for myself. Merry Christmas to me!
Now I'm recovering from my massive food coma. For breakfast, I had eggs, a cinnamon roll, and a piece of nut ring (a pastry my grandmother bakes and sends us every year) with cream cheese. For dinner, I had arroz con gandules, green beans, and yes, a little bit of pernil (pork roast to the non-Puerto Ricans). My stomach was not happy with me for ingesting meat, for the record. This is what I get for not eating meat since Thanksgiving, and specifically for not eating red meat since early in the semester (it's been so long I honestly can't remember when). I have had chicken a couple of times since I've been home, however. Puerto Ricans eat a lot of meat, and as a compromise with my mom I told her I would eat poultry while I was staying with the family.
Other fun things I've done this week:
- I went to see Tangled with Jackie, Steph, and the Birdsong clan. We ended up going to the 3-D showing because that was the time that worked for all of us. Now, I loathe 3-D and wish the whole silly fad would go away in a hurry, but it did not take away from Tangled's adorableness one bit. So cute! It did make me miss my once-Rapunzelian hair, though.
- Later that day, we kidnapped Jackie and took her to the Forever 21 in Calexico because it was her birthday. Sadie and her sisters blindfolded her with a Strawberry Shortcake bandanna. It was hilarious.
- The Southwest High School Science Fiction and Fantasy Readers' Club had a reunion on the 23rd. We went to see Deathly Hallows: Part 1 again. I still really like it!
- Jackie spent the night and we watched Coraline together.
- 50% off sale at New York and Company! So many new earrings, and a totally cute jacket and pink top.
- Wrote a chapter of a story. Not saying anything other than that.
- The fam and I watched Inception between meal preparation today. It was my fourth time, Richie's third, and everyone else's first. Dad seemed suitably impressed, but Mom dozed through half of it and was upstairs checking her email for much of the rest. Oh well. She'll get to truly appreciate it sometime soon.
Well, that's been my week. Hope all of yours have been just as nice and relaxing.
Feliz Navidad, Joyeux Noël, and Mele Kalikimaka!