I didn't have class today, so I spent most of my Wednesday making duchesse potatoes, drawing, and watching The Daily Show. These are all things I could do at home, I know, but I can't go do exciting study abroad things until UVA gives me my refund. After that, I'm not planning on spending many class-free days lounging around my room. I did leave the house once today, though - some of the other international students found out about a nice tapas bar that has live jazz on Wednesday nights, so I went out to that. I just had tea to drink, as I'm still pretty skittish around alcohol and don't want to waste my money on something I won't like, but I'm looking forward to going back and trying the food sometime soon. The atmosphere was great and I enjoyed talking with the other girls that went.
First Churchill class tomorrow! It's a long, late seminar, so I hope it's good. On the bright side, if it's a boring class, it only lasts six weeks.
Voila, the potatoes I made today:
Oh, and here, have some Zuko art. I've been on an Avatar kick lately, and really, you can never have too much Zuko.