This morning I left for class at 8:45 and didn't get back to my place until just before 8 PM. While this is an improvement from lazing about at home for three days straight, it was a rather long time to be at school. (By the way, in European English "school" basically refers to high school, and "university" is college. So no, European friends, I did not go back to high school for twelve hours, haha.) My classes were good, though - a lecture on the aftermath of wars, which felt a lot like my human rights class from last spring, and my Churchill class (Sarah - I'm taking a Churchill class this semester!), which today focused on his opposition to Indian reform. Have to say, Churchill was pretty darn stubborn, and also pretty darn wrong when it came to India.
When I got home, I made a new recipe from my Vegetarian Times magazine, Mac and Cheese-Style Cauliflower (so good!), walked upstairs to find demon cat on my bed, kicked him out, and Skyped my mom. I got her to show me my copy of The Fault in Our Stars, complete with J-scribble, which made me really ridiculously happy. More importantly, there is exciting news: my mom will be coming to France to visit me in April! We're still figuring out where we want to go, but I'm so thrilled she's able to fly out here in the first place. It'll be her first time in Europe as well; I can't wait to go meet her in Paris and spend a week traveling around with her. I miss her and the rest of my family so much - it'll be wonderful to be together again.
I have another long day tomorrow, so I'll wrap this up. Bonne nuit!