Monday, March 5, 2012

French Snow Day (and Visited Countries Update)

Despite the relatively warm weather we've had over the past couple of weeks, we got about two inches of snow in Lille today. I was going to run some errands, and actually was dressed and ready to head out when I looked out my window and saw a rather unappealing mixture of slush and cold rain. Needless to say, my motivation for leaving my room evaporated. I don't have a choice in the matter tomorrow, though, since my French Politics and Institutions class is meeting and I've been quite good about going to all my classes this semester; I have missed a few history lectures, but that's because Sciences Po likes to schedule conflicting courses that last just three weeks.

Woke up late enough that cooking breakfast didn't really make sense, so I had tomato soup for lunch and made some hard-boiled eggs and sauteed vegetables for dinner. I'm still kind of hungry, but my weight loss is progressing at such a rate that I'm within twenty-five pounds of my ultimate goal, so I'm trying to eat less and eliminate most of the junk food from my diet. I think I'm going to start walking to Sciences Po, at least when it's daytime and not raining, to help with the exercise side of things. Any other tips/suggestions are appreciated!

Lastly, here are my two updated European maps after my trip to Germany. No Czech Republic, since we didn't get to go to Prague, but now I've spent more than one full day in Germany (in fact, I spent two), so that's going up on the official map. Don't know if I'll get to add much else, as my travel budget has been nearly depleted already, but I'd really like to go to Spain and Ireland at least if I can wrangle it. We'll see.

Countries I Have Spent at Least One Full Day and Night In

Everything in the First Map, Plus Countries I Have Technically Visited