Saturday, March 10, 2012

Ill Girl

When I went to France, I decided not to take my thermometer or first aid kit with me, because I am smart. Yeah, not so much. I've been out of commission most of this week with general nausea/sleep deprivation/lack of appetite. Luckily I'm feeling much better this weekend, but as this is the second time I've been miserably sick since I came to Europe, I must have terrible karma.

I actually made myself go to class on Tuesday and Thursday (luckily I didn't have any commitments on Wednesday), but Friday I woke up at the exact time my class started and I decided it was a sign I should probably stay in and get some rest. I spent a lot of time playing Sims, drawing, and watching Korra clips on Tumblr. I suppose I could have updated my blog, but I lacked the proper motivation to write, or expend much energy at all, really.

Today, however, I was recovered enough to be productive. And then I got a lovely surprise in the mail; my friends at Wesley sent me a card and some Cookie Bake cookies! Being sick kind of me made me feel down in the dumps, especially since this week was the first spring break mission trip I was missing, but that package picked me right up. It's so nice to be appreciated.

The card in question. They know me so well.
Not much else happening. I have some internship applications to finish and a Churchill exam to study for (not too worried about it, though). Other than that, spring is finally on its way here in France, and I'm excited for the next few weeks. Eva and I are going to Disneyland week after this, The Hunger Games will be out here two days before it's released in the States (though I might not actually see it until the 22nd), and my mom's visit is getting closer all the time. Yay!