Twenty-one. College student. Christian. Liberal. Puerto Rican. White. Lover. Singer. Sister. Daughter. Geek extraordinaire. Shoulder-length hair. Peacemaker. Hothead. Know-it-all. Know nothing. Writer. Observer.
Saturday, September 17, 2011
Fall and the Swing of Things
I've had a sore throat all day, so I think I'm going to go to bed soon (eleven o'clock is so early for me, you don't even know), but I wanted to write a quick update since I've been fairly infrequent about posting this week. Yesterday was my first calculus test, which as last night's post might indicate, could have gone better. I was confident about half of it, and probably got considerable partial credit on the rest, so naturally I left the test room more than a little upset. Today, though, was quite nice, apart from the sore throat. It was my usual Friday routine (class, lunch, work), and it was chilly, only about 64 or so at most, but there was something comforting in the normalcy of it, I guess. After work, I met Sarah for dinner, and then we went to Whole Foods, my little slice of heaven on earth. I now have a fridge full of whole wheat pita bread, hummus, red grapes, yogurt, and a little bit of goat cheese, which I love. Leslie had referred me to the LivingSocial $20 worth of groceries for $10 deal, so I ended up only paying 50 cents for all of it (well, $10.50 total, I suppose, but I only had to pull out five dimes at the register). Then I decided on impulse to go to the gym, which probably didn't help my throat but felt good nonetheless. I ran an entire mile without stopping tonight; that was actually my gym goal for the semester, so I guess I'm going to shoot for two miles without stopping or completing a mile in under 10 minutes (that and losing 15 pounds, but I don't want to be unreasonable about things). I also made considerable headway on my study abroad application and had a nice conversation with my dad. All in all, a decent Friday.
Labels:
business as usual,
friends,
happenings,
la vie,
mi familia,
teal deering,
the me I be,
UVa,
winning the bread
Fall and the Swing of Things
2011-09-17T04:09:00+01:00
Aida
business as usual|friends|happenings|la vie|mi familia|teal deering|the me I be|UVa|winning the bread|
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)