is a phrase I never used when I lived in El Centro. The phrase "Monday night, as I listen to the severe thunderstorm that may or may not continue until 11 PM, according to the National Weather Service" applies doubly. Yet here I sit in Charlottesville, recovering from a particularly strenuous gym visit by lying on my bed, listening to the steady downpour outside my window and battling my way through Plato's Republic. I think I worked myself too hard tonight; I ran for nine minutes straight, then alternated jogging and walking on the treadmill for the remaining eleven. When I finished, I felt sick to my stomach and had to sit on a bench outside the cardio room for a while before I could go back in and finish my workout. That's probably not a good sign. On the other hand, I've lost half a pound since Wednesday, so maybe I need to just tell my body to deal with it and soldier on.
Today was fairly nice, if not as productive as yesterday. I went to class, ran some errands on the Corner, watched some Mad Men, and had dinner with some PMP mentors and mentees. Only two classes tomorrow, so hopefully things will be more restful then. So far, September is off to a good start.
Twenty-one. College student. Christian. Liberal. Puerto Rican. White. Lover. Singer. Sister. Daughter. Geek extraordinaire. Shoulder-length hair. Peacemaker. Hothead. Know-it-all. Know nothing. Writer. Observer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)