Monday, September 5, 2011

Weekend of Win

This is a momentous occasion. I have finished all my reading for my Monday classes before Monday has actually arrived. I'm still wrapping up a written assignment, but I'm pleasantly surprised about my own hidden ability to be productive when I make it a priority. Let's see if I can keep it up!

Andi, Kathryn, and Matt came over on Friday night to watch some Avatar: The Last Airbender (specifically, all the desert and traveling to Ba Sing Se episodes), which was a lot of fun. I went to UDems breakfast on Saturday morning, where I chatted briefly with Tim Kaine and saw Brian Moran speak. Saturday was also the first football game, which we won decisively. Football does nothing for me, though, so after hanging out at a tailgate with some friends, I had dinner at a nearly-empty Runk with Kathryn, and then we headed back to my dorm room to study and watch Tangled (yes, again. Kathryn hadn't seen it, okay?). Today I had an impromptu brunch with Matt, spent a lot of time in Study Camp, hosted Hillary at informal worship (so she could see what a Christian service was like), ate Chinese food, and read like nobody's business. All in all, a pretty great weekend.