Lows:
- I haven't gotten nearly enough sleep this week. I was up until 2:30 on Sunday night finishing my papers (yes, two of them). Then I got up at 6 to revise them and make some last-minute additions. It's two days later and I still don't feel fully-rested. Sigh.
- My cold is gone, but for some reason my voice sounds really weird. Today it wasn't bad, and I could actually sing along to my music without any difficulty. Yesterday, though, my throat was a scratchy and I sounded a little raspy. I'm not exactly sure why this is happening, especially as I haven't felt sick for about five days now.
- My hair absolutely refuses to stay curly. It would probably helped if I used hairspray (I'm going to CVS tomorrow, so I might as well pick some up), but it's a bit frustrating to spend a good half-hour curling my hair only to have it flatten out almost immediately. Also, I burned my hand on my curling iron yesterday. Not fun.
- Weight loss is really hard. I'm down about three or four pounds since I started working out regularly in August, which is great, but I'm always hungry and it's difficult to stay away from the sweets. On the plus side, the more I eat in Newcomb, the less junk food I consume, because they're either not putting out desserts or keeping them well-hidden.
- There's still quite a bit of busywork left for my study abroad application, not least of which is the course approval form. It turns out I can't really do anything for my major while I'm abroad; I basically just need one more class to finish it, but it really ought to be 4000-level if I want to go about it efficiently. Looks like I'll be doing about 12 credits worth of electives in France.
- I'm feeling generally overworked and drained, which is not how things were last semester when I was also taking 18 credits.
- I finished my personal statement for my study abroad application! So, even though there is busywork (I have to go all the way out to Carruthers to get a copy of my transcript and a fee exemption? Really?), I've gotten all the important stuff out of the way. It really looks like France is happening, especially if I can get some scholarships out of the deal. Gah, so many mixed emotions!
- Pav Lunch on Tuesday was really lovely, even if someone couldn't remember when my birthday was. (I've forgiven him, but I'm still going to give him a hard time about it.) Matt and Andi might be coming over for another Avatar: The Last Airbender marathon this weekend, as well! We're about to start Book Three, which makes me pretty excited.
- I'm now completely caught up on Mad Men (which has been really interesting considering I'm taking a history class about the latter half of the 20th century, and we're currently focusing on the 60s) and have spent the past few days watching all the available episodes of Switched at Birth. Yes, it's definitely an ABC Family show, but it's actually pretty decent for them. It's even better than Make It or Break It, which is my guilty pleasure show (just got renewed, by the way) (I feel I should add I only watch MIOBI for Payson Keeler, who is awesome, and I'm also intrigued by the stuff they were doing with Kelly Parker at the end of the season. Everyone other than Payson, the rest of the Keelers, Sasha, and Kelly is really boring, though). Anyway, the writing for Switched at Birth has been fairly good, the acting is above average (especially for an ABC Family show), and it's got an interesting premise (not only are the girls switched at birth, but one of them is deaf). Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with it in France.
- Okay, I'm really enjoying ending my sentences with the words "in France." See, I did it again!
- Tom Perriello came to UDems this evening! He's such a nice, principled guy. I'm heartbroken that he's not my congressman anymore. Here's to hoping he runs for office again soon!
- Caroline and I had dinner tonight and tried to speak in Spanish for most of it. Wow, my Spanish has really deteriorated since I've been away from home (I still understand it really well, I just freeze up when it comes to speaking). That, and I'm confusing it with French. I keep saying "mais" instead of "pero," when I know the difference perfectly well. But Caroline is great, and it's nice to have someone to talk to who's a) been to France on study abroad before, and b) a mega Harry Potter fan like me.
- I got a B+ on my first econ test! I'd like to try and get an A in the class, but I'm pleasantly surprised that I did so well (about four points above my section average), especially since I didn't study as much as I wanted to.