Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Life of a Government Major

If I never read the words Rational Political Ambition Theory again, it'll be too soon. My foreign policy midterm is tomorrow, which means I have been producing flash cards like a fiend. I actually opened a second packet of them today! Hope this raises my college student cred. The mock court assignments in Constitutional Interpretation are also being decided tomorrow, during discussion section. I'd like to be either Ginsburg or Sotomayor (left-wing ladies represent, especially the wise Latinas), but I wouldn't mind taking a back seat during the trial and writing as someone like Thurgood Marshall instead. I'll be treated to a 10-11 page paper in any case, due the week after my birthday. I am filled with joy at the prospect, as I'm sure is readily apparent.


The Stewart/Colbert rallies are fast approaching! I'm very, very excited. This is the kind of thing I always wanted to do as a high school student, but never could because El Centro is in the middle of nowhere, where nothing ever happens (I wonder how I would translate that sentence into French - so many negatives!). Michelle is coming to spend the weekend soon - can't wait to take her all around UVa, the Corner, and the Downtown Mall! Mellow Mushroom is a must. We shall have a blast, which we would in any case, because we are fellow missionary kids and she is such a fun person to hang out with.


I want to do nothing but watch Gilmore Girls and Avatar: The Last Airbender this weekend, but I really ought to be doing Supreme Court research instead. Woe. On the other hand, prayer partner event on Friday (and no class)! And by that time, my midterm will be over.


19 days to 20!