Such a creative title, I know.
Pretty normal day today. Had a minor freakout when I woke up because for some reason I thought it was past 9:30 and I was late for French, but all was well (it was actually 8). My brain tells me weird things when it's half-asleep. There was a TA lecture on Africa in Foreign Policy of the United States, then I went to work, where Leslie sent me on a mission to find images from a book on reserve in the library. I don't know about you, but I always feel more purposeful when I'm wearing a thumb drive around my neck.
Arrived for History of the Civil Rights Movement fifteen minutes early, so I treated myself to the most delicious turtle cookie I've ever had (if I don't think about you, you don't exist, calories). Professor Bond lectured about the Freedom Riders and then had the class participate in a sit-in workshop. He assigned the roles, so I ended up playing a police officer (because that's who you'd really want to be in a mock sit-in, haha). It was actually quite interesting, and it made me appreciate how lucky I am to have Professor Bond as a teacher. It's one thing to lecture about the civil rights movement based on what you've been told in the history books, but it's quite another to lecture about the civil rights movement based on your own personal experiences living through it and working in it.
Looking forward to my West Wing class tomorrow, as Professor O'Brien is lecturing. Also, my mom told me my birthday package was on its way, which of course filled me with fiendish glee. Goodness, I can't believe I'll be twenty years old in 13 days. Being a twenty-something sounds so sophisticated. Of course, that's what I thought about turning 18, and even becoming a teenager many moons ago. Still, you don't turn twenty every day.
Am pleased with the progress of my October project so far. I hope NaNo goes this well.