Sunday, October 10, 2010

Things That Will Never Make Sense to Me

  • People getting engaged or married at age 18-21. Especially to someone who is also 18-21. There are some exceptions, but for the most part, when I hear someone I know is tying the knot and they're younger than I am, I'm stunned. Why do you want to get married so young? How do you know you're going to be remotely compatible with this person fifty years from now? Does not compute.
  • The popularity of Twilight. Whyyyyyyyy?
  • Lady Gaga.
  • Or why I kind of dig her music, because I don't like her as a person at all.
  • People who think Barack Obama is a socialist. LOL no. He's slightly to the left of Bill Clinton.
  • People who think Barack Obama is a communist.
  • Actually, just conservative politics in general. Let's give more money to rich people and let poor people suffer because they're lazy! Guns! Racial profiling! Arugula is elitist! Amurica!
  • Half the things my Sims do. The school bus is right outside, why are you merrily painting along while your sister runs out the door? It's your first day of school OH NO IT'S NINE O'CLOCK AND YOU MISSED THE BUS AND YOUR GRADE IS NOW A D EXIT WITHOUT SAVING.
  • Why I decided to cut my hair. I miss you, waist-length locks.
  • Marijuana legalization. Sorry, I'm a bad liberal, but I just don't see how this is a good thing in the long run. Maybe because I'm not a fan of drugs. Or even drunkenness. Although admittedly I've never had a drink in my life, so I can't really say I don't like alcohol. I'm waiting until I'm twenty-one, okay?
  • Why I just signed up for NaNoWriMo, when clearly I can't even blog every day for a month. How can I write an entire novel?
  • Speeding. Is it really that hard to go 70 mph on the freeway, Californians? Or at least keep it to 75? Apparently yes.
  • PEOPLE WHO TALK ON THEIR CELL PHONES OR TEXT WHILE THEY'RE DRIVING. NO. JUST NO.
  • Fight Club fanboys.
  • Why I'm blogging when I really should be getting something to eat.
  • The awful situation in El Centro this past Monday, and why a ten-year-old boy no longer has parents, and why my eleven-year-old brother no longer has a sixth grade teacher.