Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sanity Stories

I'm planning on writing a more extensive recap of my experiences at The Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear, but to finish off my October project, here are some of the more interesting snippets of the day.

  • When we were waiting for a train at the West Falls Church Metro station, some man came up behind me and put his arms around me, thinking I was his significant other. Obviously the mistake was cleared up very quickly, but as my friends pointed out, I was a lot shorter than his actual girlfriend/wife. Which begs the question: was he under the impression I was perhaps the woman he was having an affair with? I shall never know.
  • It was Mary Lacy's birthday. When we finally got onto the Metro, our car filled up quickly. We decided it would be a good idea to start singing happy birthday to Mary Lacy in the middle of a packed Metro car - and all the complete strangers around us joined in! We were all full of the excited rally-going spirit, I guess. It was cool.
  • When we walked onto the mall, we were handed pamphlets by vegans and peaceful Muslims.
  • The one line of the Stewart/Colbert song I heard quite clearly? "Straight men who like Glee."
  • We heard that UVa football had won their game as we got back to West Falls Church and started climbing the stairs of the parking garage. We burst out into "The Good Old Song," to the bewilderment of the people using the elevator beside us.
More to come soon. In the meantime, we can dwell on the fact that my 20th birthday begins in less than 5 hours (sort of; I wasn't born until about 3:30 in the afternoon in Kansas City, but November 1 is my birthday all day). And November is NaNo month. Let's see how I do!

Final tally for the October Project: 25/31 days.

I <3 MUSLIN!