The Internet in my sublet temporarily stopped working today, so I wandered over to the South Lawn to use the UVa network and enjoy the fresh air. It's a nice night out, apart from the mosquitoes I just know are attacking my legs right now. UVa's never this quiet during the school year. I really miss my friends, so I'll be happy to see them when I move back to the dorms in a few weeks, but I also like the peace and solitude. The no-homework thing is pretty nice, too.
When I woke up I felt a little queasy and seriously contemplated just staying in bed all day. Then I told myself to stop being a baby and make breakfast, so I did. I went to work for a few hours in the afternoon, ran some errands, and then went home and watched The Kids Are All Right. I'm not sure if I liked it - the characters have some big-time issues - but it felt so real. As much as I love dialogue-heavy shows like The West Wing and Gilmore Girls, I have to admit that sometimes they're too witty and too rhythmic. Everyone in The Kids Are All Right talked like people actually talk, and it was kind of refreshing. Mia Wasikowska also makes a convincing American teenager, although I guess that shouldn't surprise me, since she's only a year or so older than I am.
My laptop power's running down now, and I want to check some other things before I subject myself to an evening without Internet, so I think I'll end this here. Buenas noches.