Friday, August 5, 2011

Summer's End

Today was my last day of paid work at Noah's. While I'm sure I'll be back soon on a volunteer basis, it was a little sad saying good-bye to the kids this afternoon, knowing I'm not going to be around for a while. I got a nice hug from Noah, who really is very sweet once you get to know him. Asher, always high energy, kept jumping on the little trampoline the boys have in their playroom and then trying to leap into my arms, which was cute. It'll be nice to have more free time, especially as I'm moving back to the dorms very soon, but I'll miss seeing the boys on a regular basis. Kids are so much fun.

Other than my farewell to the boys, I spent my morning trying to get the Internet in the kitchen to work consistently and then helping Jackie get Pottermore access. She's in, thank goodness. I'm debating whether or not I should blog my Pottermore experiences once the beta site opens. Would you be receptive to that, readers? I don't really know what to expect, but I am anticipating awesome things, since this is the brainchild of Jo Rowling. More on that front when I have something to report.

Nothing else of note is happening. I had a nice walk around Barracks this evening, since I had to bring back a RedBox DVD anyway. Netflix just sent me Howl's Moving Castle and the first volume of Batman: The Animated Series, both of which I'm very much looking forward to. Happy almost-Friday, everyone!