Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hey, I Have a Social Life Now!

All good things must come to an end. Until yesterday, I had faithfully updated my blog every single day. Alas, an entire summer of uninterrupted daily blogging was not to be. I had every intention of posting all about moving from my apartment to my dorm room, including that wonderful little moment when the handle on my suitcase broke off and I had to drag that thing up three flights of stairs using the retractable handle that is meant to correspond with the wheels instead. In fact, as soon as I got back from froyo with Ellen, I was planning to make potions on Pottermore and update my blog at the same time. But then Lauren, who I have not seen since May, send me a text telling me fun times were to be had at her place, and I went out and had a fantastic evening with Wesley folks. When I got back, it was past midnight, and I was already tired from moving in. So I decided to let yesterday go by without posting. C'est la vie.

Most of today was spent in a sort of drowsy haze. I thought I would fall asleep instantly last night, but not so. UVa dorm beds are way more uncomfortable than I remembered. They're also quite high up, and as a short person (my five foot one is to me like Anne Shirley's red hair was to her), it was a bit disconcerting. If I fall out of bed, there's a chance I could do serious harm to myself! Added to which all of my twin extra long bedding is still in a storage unit and my room is really cold, and you've got yourself a not-so-fun night. I was curled up in the tiny blanket my oral surgeon gave me after I got my wisdom teeth out, trying to get warm so I could finally get some rest. Well, I did fall asleep at some point, but then I woke up with a start at eight this morning and couldn't get back to bed. So instead I went to work for a few hours, then went back to my dorm room and tried to catch up on the sleep I didn't get last night. Not much success on that front either, I'm sorry to say.

That being said, I had a nice evening catching up with Matt and Ellen and watching my first two episodes of 30 Rock, which is the quirkiest show I have ever seen. Hopefully I'll have an easier time of it tonight. Time to melt a bunch of cauldrons on Pottermore!