Thursday, August 4, 2011

Good Life

Hallelujah! The kitchen in my sublet is close enough to the UVa network that I can get Internet without trekking over to the South Lawn. It's not the strongest connection in the world, and I can't lounge around my room while I use it, but at least it's indoors and I can bring the fan over if I get too warm. As I told my mother yesterday, I can survive without Internet. It's just so much easier when I don't have to.

Work was fairly standard and I had a good time playing with the kids today, even if I got caught in the rain without an umbrella on my way from the bus stop. The real fun of the day, however, came after work, when Kaitlin dropped by for dinner and Deathly Hallows: Part 1. We made Thai stir fry and then settled in to watch the movie. Kaitlin hasn't seen the last few Harry Potter films because she's (understandably) disgruntled at how the earlier ones came out, but she told me after we finished this one that she liked it much more than she expected to. Unfortunately she's a little busy with summer classes for us to go see Part 2 in theatres like we'd planned, but we're thinking that maybe we can have a group outing when we all come back to school in a few weeks. Already I'm impatient for third year to start, although admittedly I'm getting along fine without the homework.

There's not much else going on. I'm reading Boy Meets Girl by Meg Cabot, which ought to be a quick read, and then I'm moving on to Lorna Doone (perhaps the snack cookie fits in somehow). Oh, and my parents are amazing, but I'm pretty sure they know that already. Bonne nuit!