Friday, August 12, 2011

Livin' La Vida Aida

Charlottesville is very quiet right now. Everyone that was taking summer classes has gone home to enjoy the last few days of vacation. Most of my friends will be coming back next week, but right now I'm spending my evenings by myself, getting ready to move, waiting for my textbooks to arrive, and cleaning my sublet. I've been working a lot during the day to pass the time, although yesterday I wasn't feeling that great so I just slept a lot. The application for the study abroad program I want to do in the spring has now been posted, which made me both excited and anxious. I don't want to miss an entire semester here at UVa, but I really do want to explore France and improve my language skills. Prayers and good thoughts for a successful application process would be much appreciated!

Other than that, not much is happening. I'm watching Sports Night and Veronica Mars, reading Lorna Doone (ostensibly; it's not very exciting so far), and have the Office Space DVD from Netflix, although I'm not sure if I want to watch it yet. I did some writing last night and was actually really happy with how it turned out. Small things, but they keep me busy. Move-in day is fast approaching! I think I'm finally ready for the new school year to begin.