Saturday, August 20, 2011

My Limbs Will Never Forgive Me (Also, I Have a Roommate)

Sara moved in this morning a little after nine. It was great to see her; she came to visit me in the sublet the first weekend in July, but we hadn't had a chance to hang out since and she had spent the entire past week at band camp. We immediately feasted on a breakfast of fluffernutters. Then she took a nap and I helped out at the Wesley open house (sadly, no first years came, but there was plenty of good fellowship). I spent most of the afternoon at work, cleaning and refiling slides.

When I came back, Sara had gone to our storage unit and picked up most of my stuff, so I got plenty of exercise carrying boxes up three flights of stairs. We had a lovely dinner at the Pigeon Hole with various friends from our dorm (although I discovered that I still don't like anything picante, and will not be ordering the huevos rancheros again). We had planned to go to the gym afterward, and even got on our workout clothes and discussed the machines we would try out. But as it happened, only the AFC was open until 10, and we had walked out to Mem. Being the creative Brownies that we are, we ran up and down the stairs by Mem and then the monster staircase by the bookstore. I am 100% sure that my legs will hate me tomorrow, which is a shame, as I will be helping first years move in throughout the morning.

I have made plans with many of my friends for the coming week, on top of the applications and reading I have to finish. The semester is already getting off to a riveting start. Let's hope I can stay positive about it!