My parents decided to celebrate Father's Day this week instead of next, since I'll be back in Virginia by then. Today ended up being a fairly standard Sunday, but my dad seemed to enjoy himself. We watched Phineas and Ferb before church (such a hilarious show), so obviously everything that followed would be great. Lunch was pretty fantastic; my family consumed copious amounts of dead animal flesh and I had a portobello mushroom, so all was well. My mom and I had picked out a new digital camera for my dad a few days earlier, which we proudly presented after he had finished eating. He loved it, although considering he was asking my mom just yesterday if they could look at cameras at Costco, it wasn't exactly a difficult gift to decide upon. All in all, not a bad Not-Father's Day.
Went to see Bridesmaids with Exit Buddy-Sara this evening. There were parts I found legitimately funny and it had a surprising amount of heart, but I really hated any and all scenes with toilet humor and found a lot of it cringeworthy and ridiculous. C+ to B- if I'm feeling generous. It was fun to hang out with Sara for a bit, though.
Oh, forgot to mention in yesterday's post - it is "Bry-oh-knee" after all. I did get to see one good movie for the first time this weekend, at least.