Make It or Break It was godawful this week. I realize it's not the most highbrow or sophisticated show on television, but I usually do expect a bit of silly enjoyment out of it. No such luck for last night's episode, though. Payson is my favorite character, and fortunately she's still sensible and awesome (and she doesn't stand on the uneven bars, thank you, because it bothers me so much when this show allows the girls to do that. I don't know a whole lot about gymnastics, but I've never seen Shawn Johnson or Nastia Liukin climb up on top of the low bar to get to the high one), but nearly everyone else is driving me nuts. Lauren is an entitled brat (no 16/17 year old should get away with talking to her father the way she does), Kaylie is the epitome of meh, and Emily makes me want to throw something. Trust me, Emily, if I can go through all of high school and college (thus far) without a boyfriend, you can too. And sex is not something you "give" someone as a reward. No. It's a personal choice you have to be ready to make, and you have to do it for you, not just because you feel obligated to the other person. Since Chelsea Hobbs is pregnant, Emily will probably end up that way, too, and I can't really feel sorry for her. I don't wish unwanted pregnancy on anyone, of course, but since Emily is a fictional character, I am perfectly fine with saying that she's getting what she deserves.
By the way, if all the characters get what they deserve, Lauren will get booted off the team for being a psychopath, and Payson will win all-around gold at the Olympics. Only way justice will be served.
Okay, I am so done talking about contrived TV shows. On to more interesting things.
There was finally a good thunderstorm last night. Unfortunately, it started around 3 in the morning, when I was asleep, and it was so loud I was actually scared for a few minutes (no, I'm not five anymore, just irrational when I'm tired). Apparently there was a lightning strike right next to the quad, which explains that insanely loud crack of thunder I heard around 3:20 or so. It was kind of cool to listen to the storm, though. And the weather's supposed to get nice again later this week, yay!