- Still haven't been able to make Puerto Rican rice quite right, but it's definitely edible.
- Pooja and I are now two episodes away from The West Wing's first season finale. Eee!
- I have discovered that Noah loves my Sound of Music soundtrack, especially "The Lonely Goatherd." Of course he would like my least favorite song the best. :P
- Asher tried to follow me home again last week, and yesterday he was hiding my stuff so I would have to stay longer to look for it. It's hard to be stern with him when he's so adorable.
- Another weekend, another houseguest! This time it's Matt (roommate of the other Matt frequently mentioned in this blog). I predict fun times will be had!
- Passion fruit sorbetto is the best thing ever. It reminds me of the passion fruit ice cream you can buy at the beach in Puerto Rico.
- I'm reading The Great Gatsby because John Green told me to. Currently I'm up to chapter 5. I'll keep you updated as I go along.
- Yesterday was so incredibly hot. Yes, Californians, I am turning into a wimp. Sorry. I am ashamed.
- I bought a water bottle at CVS because it was pretty. Yay frivolity! Clearly I am emulating my favorite Firefly character (love you forever, Kaylee).
- Speaking of favorite Firefly characters, SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER LOOK AWAY RIGHT NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN SERENITY: Apparently Wash did leave Zoe Someone to Remember Him By. This makes me happy, but I'm still really pissed off at Joss Whedon. Most pointless character death ever. Why??? END OF SPOILERS, IT'S OKAY TO START READING AGAIN.
- I'm thinking Doctor Who will be my next series, which means I better get a move-on, because I'm still not sure what my Netflix plans are going to be come September. I love InstantWatch so much, but sometimes there are things you just can't find streaming (like Veronica Mars, and I was only twelve episodes from the end, argh). I hate pay increases. I'm a poor college student trying to save up to study abroad. Why can't my favorite movie-watching source be cheap?
And of course, the thing that's been consuming my life:
- Deathly Hallows: Part Two is at 95% on RottenTomatoes right now. So happy!
- Ahh so excited for the midnight show tomorrow. I already have my HP shirt picked out and everything. Plus I get to see Andi for the first time in practically forever. Yay!
- I may or may not have spent my afternoon reading HP reviews out loud and obsessively scanning Tumblr for gifs of the Ron/Hermione kiss. I regret nothing!
- Just over 24 hours to go! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I am an adult, I swear.