- Overall I was satisfied with how River's plotline was resolved, but right now I just can't get over Wash's death. WHYYYYYY?
- I've heard that Whedon is known for cheap and senseless character deaths, which is part of the reason I'm hesitant to watch much more of Buffy. I did like Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, but [SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS] Penny's death, as sad as it was, was both foreshadowed and relevant to the plot. Wash's death was neither. Just... argh. I didn't love Firefly, but I liked it, and Wash and Zoe were my favorite couple, with Kaylee and Simon coming in second. They were even talking about having a baby, and now that'll never happen (unless Wash left Zoe Someone to Remember Him By).
- What really grates is that I was actually spoiled for Wash's death, but I didn't know how it happened. So now I'm just angry, because it wasn't even a good or honorable death. It was a cop-out. And I know Zoe is known for keeping her emotions in check, but I would have liked to see her break down - not because I enjoy seeing my favorite characters be sad, but because Wash was awesome and I felt like he didn't get a proper send-off.
- Why?
- Why?
- WHY???
- Woah, the revelations about Miranda were hardcore.
- Shepherd Book's death was well done (aww, he's part of Mal's crew after all his griping about religion and sermons). I'll miss him but it was suitable for his character and the story (unlike some other deaths I could mention - oh wait, I already have. Why?!)
- Enjoyed seeing River kick Jayne's ass, even if she was under Alliance subliminal mind-control.
- Kaylee and Simon, is it possible for you to be any more adorable?
- Inara's clothes are pretty.
- Gross death scene in the beginning of the movie. Then again, the violence on Firefly had a tendency to make me uncomfortable in ways I'm not accustomed to. So much cringing.
- Backstory yay.
- I liked that the Alliance was a) made more morally ambiguous and b) not defeated, because that would have been incredibly unrealistic (within the parameters of a sci-fi/western set 500 years in the future, of course).
- The Reavers are so horrible. Goodness. At least Shepherd Book was right; they really were just normal people at one point.
- Okay, seriously: WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY sadfaces forever
In short, interesting series/film, creative concept, didn't fall in love with it but enjoyed it for what it was. Wash is forever alive in my heart, where he and Zoe are eternally happy together with their beautiful multiracial children. The end.